The Mockingjay Sings!

Sometimes people are away and homesick and need a little reminder of home. This came across my mind when I was watching the Hunger Games last night. I was watching one of the tributes from my district and he seemed to be very slow and sad. I thought he might be homesick, and since I saw the tributes receive the silver parachute to record a video and send it back to home. So I went into my room and constructed a little basket to send to the boy that encased all of the little tokens of district 11. One thing I put in was a small tractor and some wheat from the fields. Since district 11 was all farms, it thought this would relieve his homesickness. Also I secretly snuck some food and water from my house into the bottom of the basket to help boost his energy and win the games. Then once I finished the package and imagined myself in that boy’s shoes, it was a dark place in the arena with screaming and thunderous cannons erupting. Suddenly a giant tsunami sized wave of sadness overcame me and I broke down on my knees and cried giant tears, as I thought of what it would be like to be in the games.

The next day I tuned TV today and it showed the boy receiving his package and he broke out the smallest smile. He tried to hide his smile among all of the evil in the arena. A bit after his revitalization from the fresh food and remembrance of home, he was on the move. He was like an eagle seeking out his prey, suddenly he reached put and stabbed a boy that was leaning down over a creek getting a drink and the cannons sounded off. Now it was him and three more people in the arena, I hoped my package will hope him take the victory.

3 thoughts on “The Mockingjay Sings!

1. I like how you explain before, during and after you sent the parachute. I was confused though because It sounded as if he died, and then got the parachute. I was confusing. Other than that it was really great

2. I thought your post was very well put together. I liked how you included things to remind the tribute of home district. I did get a little confused when you started talking about a boy being stabbed and the cannons going off, and then saying how he survived. Other then that I thought your post was very well written.

3. You did a good job on this post. One thing that you need to improve on would be to show not tell the reader what is happening. You used some good descriptions but the first paragraph was all telling. You need to use detail.